I have been overcharged for a Car Rental reservation that I made for a trip with my Husbanf and elderly parents over a year ago. The van reserved was not at the location on the reservation (the Copenhagen Cruise Terminal).

Therefore it was necessary to take a taxi to the Copenhagen Downtown location where a much smaller vehicle was provided that did not accommodate my parents’ transportable Scooter and Walker. In attempting to receive credit for the taxi as promised and dispute a portion of the amount charged for the smaller vehicle, I have been charged nearly double the cost I paid. Attempts to speak to anyone who can help and emails with supporting documentation are returned despite meeting all requirements. I have spent phone charges and been up at all hours of the night to reach a representative during office hours in Denmark.

In sum, my Bank disputed a portion of the charge and Avis did not reply. A year later, I received letters from Avis in Denmark threatening Collection. After researching my statements and confirming the records of the dispute, my bank has confirmed that Avis received the original charge and then demanded more.

This was not only an inconvenience for us but has been time consuming and frustrating for over a year after returning!!!!! I have requested a credit for the amount I believe is outstanding.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Budget Group Car Rental.

Comments