2.0

I've been a very loyal Avis customer for about 20 years. Previously, I will get a rental receipt by email and at tax time, I simply searched emails and pull the receipts out.

However, what Avis now does is to send you a email titled 'e-receipt' but which doesn't actually contain a receipt. Instead it is a link to receipt where if you are lucky, you can print or download the receipt. It is supposed to remain available for 180 days, however, I recently found that this is not the case. I now rent mostly from Hertz where I get the actual receipt emailed and have now come to realize that Hertz is indeed a more superior can company based on my recent experiences.

On calling Avis for a receipt, the customer services have not been very helpful, not because they are not trying, but because they are apparently dealing with a system that hamstrings them. Most people will probably not worry about receipts but if you are a business traveller, then you should.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: That getting receipts can be so problematic.

Comments

Exactly the same issue. Avis' website say "Receipt is emailed to you within minutes of your return", emailing a link isn't emailing a receipt.Just spent an hour on the phone chasing receipts.