Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

CON CON CON.

I have booked a rental on a saturday morning from Avis over the phone for a month to go to work which is the only means of transport for work. Because they didnt have the so called E- group cars near where I live, I was asked to travel by train and get a cab to a location in Harlow 1 hour and 40 minutes away from where I live. When I got there, I met with a woman with the most arrogant, pathetic attitude and the manners of a dray horse, telling me that She doesnt have any cars and wouldn't care less. She kept saying I don't have any cars and I will cancel the booking, I got other cars but they are all prebooked. They talk to you like you owe the money and care about you as mush as some dirt on their shoe, and we are paying for this treatment.

Anyways I called the customers services again and explained what had happened. They booked another car at the stansted airport giving me every bit of assurance that I have one ready to drive away. Oh and they took the money by the way. When I got there after a cab ride and a train ride, it's the same story of "they actually don't have any cars and the customer services shouldn't have booked the car in first place". Then I made another long phone call and it seemed like nobody talks to nobody in the whole company. Then they all start acting like they are doing me a favour??? Really??

Then there was this typical trick which was played and mentioned in other reviews where they asked me to pay an extra £5 a day which was by the way an extra £140 on top of my rental to get another car. They put you in the most desperate situation and you are forced to pay extra. With no option but to miss work, I got the car with a dent across both the doors on the driver side, I paid for the car and took it. Literally in 4 days I started receiving Phone calls asking me to return the car as it had reached it's mileage limit. So I called the customer services who said I don't have to return the car and the branch will be in touch to arrange the swop. And when I asked to speak with a team leader for information on who regulates them, to complain, I got nothing for a very long time and when I insisted persistantly they said it's the trading standards.

I can't believe the trading standards are allowing these CON companies to devour on cusotmers weakness to rob money out of them. Now I have been asked to get to the nearest branch to swop the car or else.

Please do yourself a favour and read these reviews and do not encourage these companies to trade by giving them business. Stop these con artists in their tracks and walk away, and save your self respect and your hard earned money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avis Budget Group Car Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments