AVIS Budget Group - AVIS France is running a scam
My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in this case an AVIS rental, we ALWAYS take photos of the car from every angle, even of the odometer and gas gauge. Why? We have learned over the years that these European rental agencies prey on tourists from out of the country, citing diesel fuel not returned full, and in this case, damage to the rental car.
So I recently received an additional charge on my VISA for $470 (separate from the expected rental VISA charge), which I immediately protested thru CitiBank VISA. AVIS FRANCE reports damage to the rental car!, Fine I think as I have photos! Their photo of the odometer is 2 KM more than mine, showing that someone drove it after I returned it. My photos show damage; their photos show who knows what, as I cannot tell what I am looking at.
One would think that I have a clear cut case! Not the case at all, AVIS just stands firm, not even acknowledging my photos or my position. To me, this is just another case of hard evidence that these European auto rental firms prey on foreign tourists with extra charges as this. For additional fuel charges, it's not worth my time dealing with them over say $50, even though inappropriate.
So my PISSED CONSUMER complaint is against AVIS!
USE ANOTHER AUTO RENTAL AGENCY
PISSED in So CA, USA
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Avis France Auto Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "Ms. Conyer here and I'm a current resident. At first I was sold on this complex by Charlie. Yet, when it was time to move in I noticed a plethora..."
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."
- "I wrote this review back on Saturday, December 12th, 2015 and a lot of what I am going to say is a repeat, but there will be some updates as..."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."