AVIS Budget Group - AVIS France is running a scam
My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in this case an AVIS rental, we ALWAYS take photos of the car from every angle, even of the odometer and gas gauge. Why? We have learned over the years that these European rental agencies prey on tourists from out of the country, citing diesel fuel not returned full, and in this case, damage to the rental car.
So I recently received an additional charge on my VISA for $470 (separate from the expected rental VISA charge), which I immediately protested thru CitiBank VISA. AVIS FRANCE reports damage to the rental car!, Fine I think as I have photos! Their photo of the odometer is 2 KM more than mine, showing that someone drove it after I returned it. My photos show damage; their photos show who knows what, as I cannot tell what I am looking at.
One would think that I have a clear cut case! Not the case at all, AVIS just stands firm, not even acknowledging my photos or my position. To me, this is just another case of hard evidence that these European auto rental firms prey on foreign tourists with extra charges as this. For additional fuel charges, it's not worth my time dealing with them over say $50, even though inappropriate.
So my PISSED CONSUMER complaint is against AVIS!
USE ANOTHER AUTO RENTAL AGENCY
PISSED in So CA, USA
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Avis France Auto Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..."
- "I booked a car for 40 hours. Opel Corsa, with 155000 km. I picked it up at 23:00 on a dark parking. The car has a million of scratches and..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Two Bad Experiences Are More Than Enough At Two Different Fatburgers! Can You Believe It! This afternoon being Thursday, July 23, 2015 at approximately 12:50 P.M., I went into the..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are..."